A signature is a way to include the same details and information on all of your sent messages. This article shows you how to set or add a signature to your Yahoo! Mail account on both desktop and mobile.
Add a Yahoo mail signature on desktop
- Go to https://www.yahoo.com/mail. This will open your Yahoo! mail inbox if you’re already logged into your account.
If you aren’t logged into your account, enter your email address and password to sign in.
If you don’t have an account yet, sign up for a new Yahoo account now.
- After signing in, click the gear logo shown on the upper-right side of the inbox page. Then, select More Settings.
- Click Writing email on the left side of the page.
- Below the Signature heading, click the white switch to the right of the Yahoo! address that you want to enable a signature. The switch will now turn blue and a text box will appear below the account address. This indicates that the signature feature is now enabled for this email account.
- Enter your desired signature in the Signature field.
- Click Back to Inbox. It’s on the upper-left side of the page. All your changes have been saved. You will now be returned to the inbox.
Add a Yahoo mail signature on mobile
- Tap the Yahoo! Mail app icon to open your Yahoo! Mail and log into your Yahoo! account.
- Tap ☰ in the top-left corner of the screen. A menu will open.
- Tap Settings. You will find this near the middle of the menu.
- Scroll down and tap Signature in the GENERAL section. This will open the Signature menu.
- Tap the white Signature switch. You will find this in the upper-right corner of the screen. It will now turn blue. This indicates that the signature feature is now enabled for this email account.
On Android, this is the Customize for each account switch.
If the switch is already blue, the signature feature is enabled.
- Tap the text box to add your signature. The default signature says Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone/Android. You can delete what’s there and add your own text. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Tap Done in the bottom-right corner of the signature box. Your new signature will now be applied to all of your future emails sent from your Android or iPhone.
On Android, you can just tap the Back button to save your signature.