This article shows you how to recover or reactivate a Yahoo! Mail account that was deleted by your request or inactivity. You need to have a recovery email or phone number registered with your Yahoo! account to recover it. You can reopen your account as long as it was closed within about the last 40 days (the last 90 days for accounts registered in New Zealand or Australia, and the last 180 days for accounts registered in Brazil or Taiwan).
Recover a deleted Yahoo account
- Go to https://login.yahoo.com/forgot?
- Enter your Yahoo email address or phone number.
- Click Continue.
- Your backup email or phone number will be partially displayed. If you use your phone number to verify your account, you may be asked to enter missing digits to confirm the number is yours. If so, enter the correct digits then press Submit.
- If you have access to the email address or phone number listed on the screen, click Yes, send me an Account key. If you don’t have access to the email or the phone displayed, click I don’t have access then click Start Over. You can try entering another email address or phone number to recover your account.
- Check your email or text message for Yahoo Account Key Code.
- Type the Account Key into the Yahoo page.
- Click Verify or Continue.
- Click Create a new password.
- Enter a new password twice.
- Click Continue and you are all done.