If you forgot the password you use to sign in to Outlook.com, you might need to reset it. Make sure that Caps Lok isn’t on as passwords are case-sensitive.
How to reset Outlook password
- Go to the Reset password page.
- Select the reason why you want to reset your password then click Next.
- Enter the Outlook email address you’re trying to recover.
- Enter the characters you see in the captcha code then click Next.
- You need to verify your identity. If you have security information on your account, select one of the ways to get a verification code: via text message or alternative email. Then, click Next.
Choose I don’t have any of these if you don’t have any of the above options. This will lead you to a set of questions about your personal information to verify your ownership of the account, answer correctly to proceed.
- Based on what you choose, you will need to enter your full alternative email address or the last 4 digits of your phone number. Then, click Send code.
- Check your phone or your alternative email account for the verification code. Enter it into the box and click Next.
- Enter your new password twice then click Next.
You can now log in with the new password you have just reset!