It is not wrong to say that Facebook is the largest social network today with a monthly statistical activity of up to billions of accounts. However, if you are a newbie or just want to find out if this is a “paradise” as people often say or not? Take a look at the following article to see what Facebook will “collect” from you and what can they “do” with it!
Facebook will attempt to
- Track your location
- Track all your phone calls and texts (who you talk to and when)
- Track much of what you do on the internet
- Log most of what you do on Facebook
What can they do with it:
- Guess where you live, work and spend your time
- Guess who your friends and family are
- Guess who you live with and meet with in real life
- Guess your political affiliations
- Guess your sexual orientation
- Guess what times you work and sleep
- Understand exactly what you’re interested in
- Estimate what your financial situation is like
Facebook makes money by giving companies, organizations and foreign powers the ability to show you ads based on what Facebook knows about you. These ads may try to change your opinion or make you buy something.
How to stop facebook collecting data?
When you register, you have accepted to share this information. Facebook uses it to guess your personal information. Every action such as post a status, check in,… will be used to serve ads.
How to download facebook data?
Step1: Go to Settings
Step2: General => Download a copy of your Facebook data.
Step3: Download Archive
Fill your Facebook Password and wait …
When all done Facebook will notify you.
Another incoming keyword:
- download facebook data
- facebook download